About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Steelers Hold On For 24-17 Win Over Bengals

Pittsburgh put together an 11-play 81 yard drive in the third quarter, then turned back the Bengals to improve to 7-3.

Rashard Mendenhall ran nine yards for the winning score to provide the winning margin.

The drive answered Cincinnati's 11-play, 67-yard drive that finished with Andy Dalton finding Jermaine Gresham in the deep left corner of the end zone that tied the game at 17.

The Bengals drove to the Steelers 25-yard line before William Gay intercepted Dalton's attempt to connect with Jerome Simpson.  The Steelers ran out the clock to put the game away.

No comments:

Post a Comment