About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dusty Baker Ties Hall of Famer Earl Weaver For 21st On the All-time List

The Reds win over Houston on Tuesday was Dusty Baker's 1,480th career win.  It tied him with Hall of Fame manager Earl Weaver for 21st place on the all-time list for wins by a manager.

Baker is third among active managers in wins.  Only Tony La Russa and Jim Leyland have more.

"It took a week to get," Baker said. "We could have used a win three or four days ago.  It's nice to move up the ladder but we just needed this game."

No comments:

Post a Comment