About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chapman to Be a Starter

The question of what to do with Aroldis Chapman was answered when Dusty Baker revealed that the 23-year old, fireballing, lefthander was going to pitch winter baseball somewhere in the Carribean.

"We're discussing the possibility of Chapman pitching some place to get him extended so he can start," Baker said Tuesday afternoon.

Baker wondered allowed if maybe pitchers should pitch year round instead of resting in the winter.

"A lot of guys I played with played winter ball and never had sore arms.  Pedro Borbon pitched winter ball every year and pitched nearly everyday.  All I know is that a lot of Japanese pitchers come over here and never have arm problems until they stop throwing as much as they did before."

No comments:

Post a Comment