About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Yasmani Grandal Has Taken a Liking to AA Pitching

Yasmani Grandal
The Reds moved its number one choice of the 2010 draft to Double A Carolina last week.  Grandal was hitting .296 with 10 home runs and 40 RBI for Ken Griffey Sr.'s High A Bakersfield Blaze.

The former Hurricane backstop, signed a four-year, $2.99 million deal with the Reds and is on the team's 40-man roster.

Grandal is hitting .346 with five doubles and five runs batted in.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment