About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jared Burton Close to Returning

Jared Burton has been on the disabled list for the entire season.  He left a spring game on March 28 because something didn't feel right.

The next day he passed strength tests and thought he would be ok.  The Reds disabled him the night before opening day.  Burton had surgery in April to clean out his right shoulder and was placed on the 60-day DL.

Burton arrived in the Cincinnati clubhouse Thursday morning after throwing in an Arizona League game over the last week.  He is encouraged by the results.

"I threw one inning in my first outing, then two innings the next two times.  I will throw two innings tomorrow (Friday) in Louisville.  I feel better than I have my whole career.  I'm free and easy.  My velocity is coming.  Even in the third outing I was 91-94 and that will get better with arm strength."

    

No comments:

Post a Comment