About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cozart to DL Janish Recalled From Louisville

The Cincinnati Reds placed shortstop Zack Cozart on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday.  The Reds recalled Paul Janish from Louisville.

Cozart has a hyperextended left elbow.  He collided with baserunner, Nate McClouth on Saturday.  Cozart was hitting .324 in 11 games.

"I've had that play millions of time," Cozart said.  "My elbow must have in just the wrong place or my glove hung up on him that stretched my elbow the wrong way.  It's frustrating because I was just getting comfortable with my routine and everything.  I will be able to swing the bat in about a week."

Cozart is expected to miss two weeks.

"At least two weeks," Dusty Baker said.

Janish was sent down after hitting .228 in 68 games.  Janish made adjustments at Louisville.

"He needed to go down and make some adjustments with Smokey Garrett (Louisville hitting coach).  That's the place to make changes in a low pressure situation," Baker said.

The move helped according to Janish

"It wasn't an ideal situation but I had to take advantage of it," Janish said. "I had to suck it up.  It was good to go back and see Rick Sweet and Smokey Garrett.  I hadn't been down there in awhile.  I started off slow but the last couple weeks I started to feel more comfortable.  It gave me a chance to work on some things.  I was getting a little down on myself."

Janish was 0-for-9 in his first three games but had nine hits in his last 15 at bats.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment