About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cairo Ends Drought

After 16 innings without scoring, SuperSub, Miguel Cairo hit a two-run home run into the left field stands.  The 365 ft long fly off Carlos Vilanueva, put the Reds up 2-1 over Toronto.

Cairo is playing thirdbase.  Scott Rolen is getting the day game after the night game off as Dusty Baker does regularly.

"I hate to have Scotty out of the lineup.  He feels good and has been swinging the bat well but I want him in the lineup, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and we have a day off Thursday.  I'm just trying to keep him so I can keep him," Baker said.

No comments:

Post a Comment