About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Aroldis Chapman's Good Outing Paves the Way for a Return

Aroldis Chapman pitched two scoreless innings on Saturday for the Carolina Mudcats.  The important note is he walked none while striking out three.

It was Chapman's second scoreless outing in a row.  The Reds are not in a hurry to rush him back but Dusty Baker acknowledged that he is an important piece to his bullpen.

"The would help our situation big time," Baker said.  "He was an important part of our bullpen before he had that streak of wildness.  We will have some tough decisions to make.  A month ago we couldn't make these decisions."

Pitching injuries snowballed on the Reds.

Sam LeCure got the first save of his career on Saturday.  He pitched the seventh, eighth and ninth without allowing a run.  

"I talked to Sam.  He feels fine," Baker said.

Chapman could pitch Monday or Tuesday before being recalled.

"Chapman did what I asked him to do, finish strong," Baker said.  "I wanted him to pitch his way back."

No comments:

Post a Comment