About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Matt Maloney to DL Darryl Thompson Promoted

Matt Maloney couldn't pitch last night in the marathon 19-inning game.  He strained his left oblique.

This answers the question about Carlos Fisher, pitching so long in the game, 5 1/3 innings and 95 pitches.

The Reds promoted Darryl Thompson from Double A Carolina.  Thompson made nine starts with a 1-4 record and a 4.44 ERA.

Why Thompson?

It was his turn to pitch and he was accesible.  It was doubtful that a pitcher from Louisville could make it to Philadelphia on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment