About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dusty Baker Laments Power Outage

Dusty Baker knew this stretch of the season would be difficult and one that the Reds would need get through.

"Where I come from you get stronger through adversity.  I'm fine.  I'm alive and well," Baker said.  "It was a grueling road trip.  We knew this was the toughest part of the year.  With who we played and the number of games without a day off.  Then we had some tough games.  That's what I told them at the beginning.  We want to get as many games above .500 as we can in case we hit a rough spot."

It was rough.  Seven losses in nine games.  Five of the seven losses were by one run and two were in extra innings, in which a timely hit would not only have meant victory but much needed rest for a weary bullpen.

If the nightmare road trip wasn't bad enough, Baker arrived at his apartment and the power was out.

"Me and my bad knees had to walk up seven flights," Baker said.

The Reds start the second third of the season against Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment