About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dusty Baker As An Atlanta Brave

Cincinnat manager Dusty Baker began his career with the Atlanta Braves.

Baker was drafted by Atlanta in the 26th round out of El Campo High School in Citrus Heights, California. He was the 504th player taken in the 1967 draft.

He made his debut with the Braves on September 7, 1968, pinch hitting for Phil Niekro against Houston's Denny Lemaster.  He grounded to shortstop.  Baker played 2039 major league games, hitting .278 with 1,013 RBI.


Dusty Baker from Braves 1974 Team Picture at Turner Field
Baker was on deck in Riverfront Stadium on April 4, 1974 when Hank Aaron hit the home off Jack Billingham that tied Babe Ruth with 714 career home runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment