About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WNBA Draft Two Xavier Stars, Brandon Phillip's Sister and Brittany Spears

Amber Harris was selected by the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA on Monday.  The Xavier star became the highest drafted Xavier grad in history.   She will be a teammate of the first player chosen in the draft, Maya Moore of Connecticut.

Harris' Musketeer teammate, Ta'Shia Phillips was selected by the Atlanta Dream with the seventh pick.  She was promptly traded to the Washington Mystics.

Porsha Phillips, who was a Xavier opponents was taken in the second round by the San Antonioa Silver Stars.  Phillips is the younger sister of Reds' secondbaseman Brandon Phillips.  We can't say she is his little sister because she stands at 6'2", a couple inches taller than Brandon also known as DatDudeBP on twitter.  Porsha was the 30th player selected.

Brittany Spears was also chosen by the Phoenix Mercury.  She played at Colorado.  I got you on that one with the headline, didn't I?

Jantel Lavender of Ohio State was the fifth player selected in the draft.  She would play for the Los Angeles Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment