About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weird Line For Volquez

Edinson Volquez threw 43 pitches in the first inning.  Four Astros scored as he walked three, allowed four hits and struck out three.

But the Dominican Bulldog lasted for five innings.  Long enough to be in line for the win as his Reds mates hit, ran and took advantage of some odd plays to build a 10-4 lead.

Volquez lasted five innings, allowed just one hit over the last four and one more walk.  He struck out eight.

Paul Janish has three hits. Scott Rolen hit a two-run double and drove another home with a fielder's choice as Brandon Phillips forced the issue at home, beating the throw home by 3B Chris Johnson.

Brandon Phillips had three hits.  Joey Votto and Jay Bruce each had two hits.

Baseball Voices Available at Amazon.com and I-Tunes

No comments:

Post a Comment