About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Brandon Phillips Sitting Down Sitting Better.

When Brandons Phillips strained his groin last Wednesday in San Diego, he expected to play on Friday.  Manager Dusty Baker disagreed and the boss prevailed.


Phillips was ok with that but was less than pleased after he sat out the second and third day.  


After a phone conversation around 3:00 this afternoon with Baker, Phillips was convinced that Baker knew best.


"After talking to Dusty, it made me realize how blessed I am to play for him.  He is looking out for my well being and I love him for that.  I understand why I'm not playing cause it's not a race it's a marathon! Im glad he is doing this cause i would play hurt, but if anyone needs me I will be in the Diamond Club," Phillips said via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment