About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Scott Rolen Hits First Home Run of the Spring

Scott Rolen hit a three-run home run off Carlos Zambrano at HoHoKam Park.  Brandon Phillips and Jonny Gomes have hit doubles in the first three Reds at bats.

The Reds lineup is close to what it will be on opening day.

Sam LeCure is pitching for the Reds.  He allowed two runs in the second inning after shutting out opponents for his other eight innings.  One of those runs was tainted as a pop fly fell between Jay Bruce and Brandon Phillips.

Homer Bailey is working on some pitches in a minor league game back at the Reds camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment