About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ramon Hernandez to Play On Friday. Francisco to Play RF

Dusty Baker did not know how Ramon Hernandez elbow discomfort was this morning but Hernandez is going to play on Friday.

Hernandez took batting practice before the Reds exhibition game with Texas.

Baker will put Juan Francisco will get some work in the outfield..

"In my mind he could be very important," Baker said.  "He's been knocking on the door for awhile."

His defense at thirdbase has improved.

"He's been working hard.  His footwork is better.  He probably has the strongest arm on the team. I got him going to the minor league to play rightfield tomorrow," Baker said.

Drew Stubbs has been struggling.  The Reds put him at DH in a minor league game to get him extra at bats.

"He got seven at bats and got four or five hits," Baker said.

Stubbs also got hit with a pitch and Brandon Phillips has been riding him about it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment