About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eric Davis Coaches Baserunners

Eric Davis stole 270 bases in his career with the Reds.  In 1986 he stole 80 bases.

Each spring Davis spends a couple weeks working with Reds baserunners to help them get proper leads and jumps on the pitcher.

In the picture on the left he is showing Chris Valaika how to get a good lead.

The video below shows the action the runner uses.  The Reds were taking live batting practice and working off of the pitchers motion.  Davis analyzed the runners and made instructions as others hit off live pitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment