About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Xavier Women Lose Second Straight to Stanford 89-52

Xavier won 25 straight regular season games before bowing to No 3 Duke last Tuesday on the road by a point.

In the rematch of the 2010 NCAA Tournament regional finals with Stanford, the Musketeers weren't close.

Stanford ranked eighth pounded Xavier in Sacremento in spite of A-10 Player of the Week, Amber Harris, who scored 18 points.  Special Jennings scored 12.  Ta'Shia Phillips held her own with a game high 12 rebounds, though she was held to six points.

Xavier shot just 30 percent.  Stanford,  hit 49 percent of its shots.  It was by far the most points allowed by Xavier this season.

Xavier fell to 10-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment