About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Harang Starts and Finishes

Aaron Harang was the starting pitcher on Opening Day on April 5th.  He gets the honor of closing the season nearly six months later.

Edinson Volquez was listed as Sunday's starter on the Reds notes this morning.

They announced that Harang will get the start instead.

Harang was once the ace of the staff.  He won 16 games in 2006 and 2007 but has struggled since.

His 109 2/3 innings is the lowest total since he joined the Reds in 2003.  He is 6-7 with a 5.25 ERA in 19 starts (21 appearances).

No comments:

Post a Comment