About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Red Magic Number Drops to 10

The Reds 7-5 win over Arizona while the Chicago Cubs completed a three-game sweep in St. Louis.

That combination puts the Reds eight games ahead of the slumping Cardinals and reduces the Reds magic number to 10.  Any combination of Reds wins and St. Louis losses that add up to 10 make the Reds the National League Central Champions.

The Reds are 83-63 with 16 games to play.
The Cardinals are 74-70 with 18 to play.

If the Reds just win half of the games remaining, St. Louis must go 17-1 or be eliminated.

"Regardless of the way the Cardinals are playing, if we play good baseball, they can't catch us,"  Jay Bruce said.

No comments:

Post a Comment