About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bray Beats Ryal in a 16 Pitch Battle

Bill Bray and Rusty Ryal played out a mini drama in last night games.

Ryal fouled off 10 two-strike pitches until Bray finally got him to swing through the 16th pitch.

"I went fastball, slider.  I just didn't want to walk him and put him on base," Bray said.

A typical inning more often than not is 15 pitches.

"You want to avoid those," Bray said.  "You run up your pitch count pretty fast doing that.  I just wanted him to put the ball in play."

Bray couldn't remember an at bat that long.

"No comes to mind.  You don't want to have too many of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment