About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jay Bruce Scratched

Hot hitting Jay Bruce was scratched from the Reds lineup an hour before the first pitch and replaced by Jonny Gomes.

Bruce was in the original lineup in his customary rightfield position batting fifth.  Gomes will play leftfield with Chris Heisey moving to rightfield batting sixth.

Bruce was the hero last night for Cincinnati.  He is hitting .533 with five home runs and eight RBI in his last four games.

No reason has yet been given for the lineup change.

No comments:

Post a Comment