About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Homer Bailey Replaces Cueto On Sunday

Homer Bailey will pitch against the Florida Marlins on Sunday in place of  Johnny Cueto.

Cueto discussed appealing with the Reds front office and his agent.  They have decided to start the suspension tonight, Friday the 13th.

"He will miss one start," said Dusty Baker, who is also suspended for two games starting Friday night.  "Then on his next start we will back him up an extra day.  Maybe it will make him better and stronger.

Bailey, who will oppose Annibal Sanchez, went on the disabled list on May 24th with inflammation in his right shoulder.  He made recent rehab starts in Dayton and Louisville.  He also made a relief appearance.

"Cool.  I've been throwing well," Bailey said.  "They didn't know what day I'd be starting.  They didn't know if  I would be starting or relieving when I came back.  In case I had to come up on short rest or come out of the bullpen, I could kind of dabble in it."

Baker will watch the next two games from General Manager, Walt Jocketty's private box on the press level.

"I have limited choices. I could go watch it in the stands which is impossible.  I can watch in Walt's box or go home or help Marty (Brennaman).  There is a new rule that I can't watch from the clubhouse or my office."

Baker didn't get a good answer to the reasoning behind his suspension.

"I guess they didn't like the way me and Tony handled the situation.  I didn't even get suspended in school. All I know is every time, I get thrown out of a game, most of the time I get suspended."

Bench Coach Chris Speier will manage the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment