About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fox Sports May Abandon Baseball Playoffs

The Fox Network which holds the rights to broadcast most of the 30 Major League Baseball teams are not in a hurry to make plans to cover the division series.

Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS) own the rights to the division series.  Fox owns the rights for the League Championship Series and the World Series.

A source familiar with the Network told me that they will not do any pre-game, in-game or post-game programing for the first round of the playoffs.  That means there will be no Hal McCoy to analyze the play on the field.

The Network in its "wisdom" prefer to concentrate on the less than popular Columbus Bluejackets of the National Hockey League.

No comments:

Post a Comment