About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thrilla in Wrigleyvilla

Mal content and all around big kid Carlos Zambrano took on more than he could chew and also said something to Lou.  Lou Piniella that is.

Zambrano, who is really a pretty nice kid, has a problem with his temper as big as his 6'5" frame and powerful right arm.  Today, with cameras upon him.  Zambrano went to battle with Derrick Lee his teammate.  Lee is a truly classy individual, who has no such temper issues.

Cincinnati manager Dusty Baker managed both players.

"I wouldn't mind getting a seat for that one," Baker said.  "I'd get some popcorn and sit back and watch.  D. Lee doesn't say anything."

It wasn't the first time the big man battled with a teammate.  He had a fight on the bench with a teammate. He had a shoving match with catcher Michael Barrett a few years ago.

Lou Piniella, who is no stranger to blowing his stack, was quoted by MLB.com.


"I'm embarrassed," Piniella said postgame. "Carlos should be embarrassed. We'll see exactly what comes out of this. There's no question he's got to control his emotions better than this. He's a grown guy. There's no need for it. I know darn well it's not going to be tolerated."

Zambrano was suspended indefinitely by the Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment