About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jay Bruce Comparison

Dusty Baker broke into major league baseball as a teammate of the great Hank Aaron.  Aaron took interest in Baker, teaching him the finer points of being a major leaguer.

Baker and Aaron started careers at around 20 years of age, much like Jay Bruce.  Baker is trying to pass on what he learned from Aaron plus the experience that he earned.

Through the magic of Baseball Reference, I have compiled all three players through the first 283 games of their career.  Bruce completed his 283rd game on Friday night.

These statistics show the relative progress that Bruce has made and the areas that could be improved.

283 Games    Avg      HR     RBI     Strikeouts

Bruce            .252      52      144     205
Baker            .297      25      138     122
Aaron            .296      42      178     102

No comments:

Post a Comment