About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ondrusek Sent Down Fisher Recalled

Logan Ondrusek's mother cried when the 6'8" relief pitcher made the team. The joy was fleating.

The Reds reluctantly sent him to Louisville after the young righthander had a rough two weeks in the bigs.

After not allowing a run in 10 spring innings, Ondrusek gave up 10 in eight major league innings.

"The young man's future is bright," Dusty Baker said. "He was pitching out of his role. It was something we didn't want to do. He needs to go back and get his stuff together."

Carlos Fisher logged six scoreless innings in Louisville to earn his way back. Soreness in his elbow prevented him from getting much mound time in Arizona.

"It was the first time I had to sit down," Fisher said. I had a chance to focus on throwing more strikes instead of trying to overpower guys. The elbow was sore two weeks into spring training so I couldn't hide it."

"He is an intelligent young man," Baker said of Fisher. "He knew what he had to do to get back here."

No comments:

Post a Comment