About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Make Room For Leake

The Reds optioned Juan Francisco to Louisville as expected. They didn't need a fifth starter until today and stated all along they would carry an extra bat (position playre) until they do.

The Reds also needed to clear a spot on the 40-man roster. They designated LHP Pedro Viola for assignment. They have 10 days to either trade him, convince him to accept assignment to the minor leagues assuming he clears waivers put him on waivers.

Waivers exposes him to other teams, who can claim him.

No comments:

Post a Comment