About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Joey Votto on Rehab

Joey Votto played six innings at first base for the Sarasota Reds in Ed Smith Stadium tonight against the Clearwater Threshers.

Votto, who is suffering from stress caused by an inner ear infection that caused dizziness, walked in his first at bat, took a called strike three in his second at bat and fouled out in his third plate appearance.

He had several chances in the field, one was a nice play that turned a line drive into an inning ending double play.

The Florida State Leauge starts its all-star break this weekend.

Votto will participate in intra-squad games staged by the just forming Gulf Coast League Reds during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment