About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reds Nearly Healthy

Brandon Phillips recovered from the flu but the malady kept Joey Votto sidelined. The possibility exists that he could make a pinch hit appearance on his "bobblehead" night. The bobblehead did not come with a mask.

"Tonight its possible he could pinch hit. Last night there was no chance," Dusty Baker said before batting practice on Saturday. Votto took some swings in the cage.

"He is past the incubation period," Baker said. "So he won't spread around the clubhouse or relapse himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment