About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, August 17, 2026

Who Is That Left Hander On The Mound

  https://gofund.me/b67c71781



Dateline: Cincinnati  


Kent Emanuel has 22 Major League appearances none as a starter but he will be on the mound to face the St. Louis Cardinals in the makeup of an early season rainout on Monday (081726).

Emanuel is 34-years old. He was drafted by the Houston Astros with the third pick in the 2013 draft out of The University of North Carolina. He was born and raised in Woodstock, Georgia.

He broke in with the Astros in 2021. Emanuel made 10 relief appearances and had a 1-0 record with a 2.55 ERA in 17 2/3 innings. He has been through the Philadelphia Phillies, the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Miami Marlins organizations. He last appeared in the big leagues in 2024 with the Marlins, where he made 12 relief appearances with another 17 2/3 innings with a 6.62 ERA.

Emanuel was granted free agency by the Marlins in October of 2024.

He pitched at High Point in Independent baseball and Mexico in the Mexican League last season. The Reds signed him on August 7 off the High Point roster.

Emanuel made nine starts at High Point this season and had a 4-0 record with a 2.30 ERA. He pitched 47 innings with nine walks and 53 strikeouts. He made just one start at Louisville. He pitched six innings, allowing a run on two hits, walking none and striking out eight.

"There were a lot of conversations the last several days," Terry Francona said. "You have the conversations, sayin that, you never know until you get to the end of it."

"He is like (Julian) Garcia, coming out of an independent team. I just got a text from PK (Louisville manager Pat Kelly). He said I wish I had more than one start to tell you about. I talked to Kent a few minutes ago. I introduced him to the coaches and told them this is our starter," Francona said.

Rhett Lowder will start the second game.


No comments:

Post a Comment