About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, August 17, 2026

Reds Thank Kent Emanuel And Send Him On His Way Big Sugar Coming Back

   https://gofund.me/b67c71781



Dateline: Cincinnati  


After Kent Emanuel got the Reds out of a tough spot with five solid innings in the first game of the double header with the St. Louis Cardinals, the Reds designated him for assignment.

Zach Maxwell, also known as, "Big Sugar" will return to the tired Reds bullpen. Earlier today, Ron Marinaccio was designated for assignment after throwing 47 pitches in an inning and a half on Sunday (081626).

Maxwell is 2-0 with a 3.99 ERA with two saves in 33 games at Triple A Louisville. He has thrown 38 1/3 innings, walking 28 and striking out 48.

He has also appeared in 10 games for the Reds this season with a loss and a 9.90 ERA. He has walked 10 and struck out nine in 10 innings with the big club. He gave up three home runs.

Maxwell last pitched at this level on June 19 at Yankee Stadium pitching one inning, allowing a run on one hit and two walks with a strikeout.

Emanuel pitched five innings, giving up two runs on five hits and three walks with four strikeouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment