
Dateline: Cincinnati
The Reds placed infielder/outfielder Spencer Steer on the 10-day injured list with a partial tear on a the sheath holding the tendon on his right wrist.
He is wearing a brace to immobilize it. Steer is hoping that rest will heal it. "That's the hope," Steer said. "I hope that my body will heal itself. We will try that first. If we aren't getting the results that we need then I'll get it operated on. If I do, I will be out for the season."
Steer was 0-for-16 in his last five games but has hit some big home runs and his versatility in the field has been valuable.
Steer felt something in his second at bat on Sunday. "I didn't think much of it but on my next at bat I couldn't do it." Steer said.
"He plays bangeed up. There are a lot of things he plays with that he doesn't necessarily talks about. When he didn't fight me to come out of the game, I got kind of nervous," Terry Francona said.
"Even yesterday, when he came out of the game, our options were severely limited. He is so valuable," Francona said.
Ivan Johnson was sent back when Dane Myers came off the injured list. Johnson had no hits in five at bats with a walk and a strikeout.
He is hitting .278 with eight doubles and 10 home runs in 61 games at Louisville. As a switch hitter he adds versatility off the bench.

No comments:
Post a Comment