About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Joey Votto In Reds Lineup Against Dodgers


http://donatelifeohio.org/




Joey Votto makes a return to the Cincinnati Reds' lineup Tuesday night against Josh Beckett and the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Votto will play first base and bat third for the Reds for the first time since May 15.

The former MVP played two games on a rehab assignment for the Louisville Bats in Pawtucket Sunday and Monday.  He had two hits in six at bats.

The Reds were 11-12 in the 23 games Votto missed.

"I talked to him last night when he got back to Cincinnati.  He played back-to-back games and came through pretty good.  We waited until he woke this morning to make sure," Price said. "I had no way to know last night how he would be until he came out of the game last night."

The Reds wanted a healthy Joey Votto in the lineup and rolled the dice that they could tread water until he returned healthier.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"We went into the situation with Votto with the commitment that he would be 100 percent before we brought him back," Price said.  That was unrealistic in three weeks. He probably won't be until next year. We didn't want him playing at 50 percent. It wasn't like he was a terrible player when he went on the DL. He had six home runs, a lot of doubles and was getting on base at a .400 clip. I like the look of our lineup having all of our players. I've had Joey bat second, third and fourth. I'm just trying to find what's best that being said, I like our lineup with everyone healthy."

Votto will get periodic rest to keep him fresh for the last 100 games of the season.

"We'll see if he needs time off (the rest of the season).It's reasonable to assume he's not going to play every single day."

Votto of course in excited to get back even though actually enjoyed playing with the younger players.

"I'm optimistic that I will be 100 percent," Votto said. "This is where I want to be and need to be but the trip to Louisville reminded me of why I play.  Sometimes you get these little surprises. It was a really good time down there. It's a challenge up here struggling and being injured and with the team not playing well."


No comments:

Post a Comment