About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Zack Cozart Fingers Escape Serious Injury




Dusty Baker said that Zack Cozart is a lucky young man.

Cozart tried to bunt yesterday when two of the fingers on his right hand were pinned against the bat.  He had to leave the game and was replaced by Cesar Izturis.

It was planned that Izturis would start Sunday's game earlier in the week so the fingers were not the reason but Cozart will have limited duty in the near term.

"It reminded me of Bill Russel," Baker said of his teammate with the Los Angeles Dodgers.  "His finger was bent.  He started throwing sliders to first and couldn't grip the bat the same the rest of his career. Cozart can pinch run and possibly pinch hit but he doesn't have feeling in his fingers so









http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment