About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Reds Decline Option on Francisco Cordero...Pick Up Option on Brandon Phillips

Jim Labarbara Music Professor
The Cincinnati Reds declined the $12 million dollar option for 2012 on the contract for closer, Francisco Cordero.  As announced at the end of the season the Reds picked up the option for 2012 on the contract of Brandon Phillips.

The Reds and Phillips continue talks on a contract extension.

The Reds assigned the contracts of  RHP Jared Burton and RHP Daryl Thompson outright to Louisville.  The Reds selected the contract of OF Denis Phipps.

Matt Maloney was claimed on waivers by the Minnesota Twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment