About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Reds Sign 13 Players Including UC Grad Dan Jensen and Son of Its Scouting Director

The Cincinnati Reds signed 13 players from its most recent draft.

Five of the top 10 picks signed, RHP Kyle McMyne (4), 3B Sean Buckley (6) son of the Reds Director of Amatuer Scouting, RHP James Alen (7), RF Jon Mathews (8), RHP Ronald Pinckard (10).

The Reds also signed its 18th choice RHP James Moran, 19th pick LHP Christopher Joyce, 20th selection University of Cincinnati RHP Dan Jensen from Centerville, 21st pick RHP Carlos Gonzalez, 24th pick 1B Nicholas O'Shea, 25th choice RHP Justice French, 26th selection 2B Juan Perez and RHP Eric Alessio drafted in the 49th round.


By Mark Schmetzer


No comments:

Post a Comment