About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Reds Shuffle Pitching Again Daryl Thompson Up Chad Reineke Down

The Reds made another bullpen adjustment on Monday.

Daryl Thompson, who pitched in Philadelphia the day after the marathon 19-inning loss, is back with the Reds.  Chad Reineke, who made one start and a brief relief appearance on Sunday, was sent back to Triple A Louisville.

Reineke had a walk and a strikeout in his 1/3 inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.

"He was pitching on short rest.  He wasn't as sharp as he usually is," Dusty Baker said.

Thompson had three hours sleep when he pitched in an emergency situation against the Phillies on May 26.

He pitched three innings, allowing five runs on six hits and five walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment