About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big Red Machine Pitching Coach Dies at 92

Larry Shepard Big Red Machine Pitching Coach
Sparky Anderson's pitching coach, Larry Shepard, died last night at the age of 92 in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Shepard known as "Shep" was in charge of the Reds staff from 1970-1978, which was Anderson's entire term as Reds manager.

Shepard managed the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1968 and part of 1969.  He also served as pitching coach for the Philadelphia Phillies and San Francisco Giants.









No comments:

Post a Comment