About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Terrel Owens Wants the Bengals to Be More Aggressive

Owens made it clear that he was unhappy that the Bengals chose to kick a pair of field goals after getting inside the Saints 20 yardline twice.

"We had some opportunities to win the game.  I felt we needed to score a touchdown on that last drive.  You have to outscore a team like the Saints.  They have a quick strike"I've never lost nine in a row.  Sometimes I feel like I can be part of the solution.  I go with the play that's called.  We're just not getting it done.  I'm definitely not used to it.  It sucks.  Trust me guys are working hard.  I don't know if we're getting out coached.  I don't know what the deal is.  I'm trying to do my part.  For whatever reason, we're not getting it done," Owens said.

"I have no answer for it"

The 37-year old wide receiver caught his 153rd career touchdown pass but wanted the Bengals to use him more and was clearly frustrated.

"I think coming here this year with Chad and the progression of Shipley and Gresh, I feel like we could be more aggressive," Owens continued. 


 "I feel like I present matchup problems.  I know how to play this game.  I've been playing this game for 15 years.  We're not taking advantage.  That's just confidence that I feel in my heart.  I'm not being arrogant or trying to cause problems.  I can take advantage of matchups." offense  I just felt we needed to get a touchdown," Owens said after the Bengals ninth straight loss.







No comments:

Post a Comment