About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wanninger and Gray Help Xavier to an 85-40 Win

Ashley Wanninger (Colerain) and Amber Gray (Lakota West) both scored 10 points in fourth ranked Xavier's sixth win of the season.

The local pair joined All-American candidate, Amber Harris, who led the Musketeers with 16 points, Tyeasha Moss with 14 and Ta'Shia Phillips with 13 in double figures scoring.

Phillips, Xavier's all-time leading rebounder, added 15 more to her total.

Wanninger played a season-high 19 minutes and Gray logged 17.

"I'm really happy to be able to play a lot of our young people," Coach Kevin McGuff said.  "I think this stretch of games will allow us to have more depth later in the season."

Wanninger also contributed five rebounds and five assists, including two that set up scores by Gray.  Gray recorded a rebound and an assist

"Ashley and Amber are getting more comfortable with our system.  They are both talented players but now the are doing a good job learning the system."

Amber Harris is getting used to playing with the newcomers.

"We have great team chemistry.  I know what Tyeasha (Moss) is going to do, what Special (Jennings) is going to do.  The newcomers takes some getting used to.  They (Wanninger, Gray and Lynnette Holmes) are talented players they'll get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment